WHAT'S OUR STORY
“WE SPECIALIZE IN OLD-SCHOOL, TRADITIONAL BARBERING AND MAKE SURE ALL OF OUR CLIENTS LEAVE OUR SHOPS HAPPY, WITH EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANTED.”
4 SHOPS AND ALMOST 30 STAFF LATER, THE REST IS HISTORY..
OUR GROOM ROOM IS THE ONLY ONE OF ITS KIND IN CONNACHT; A TREATMENT ROOM EXCLUSIVELY FOR MEN.
When we first opened our doors back in August 2003 in Liosban, Galway, we had one objective: to offer men the best traditional barbering and grooming services available in Galway. What started out as 4 barbers working away at 4 barbering stations is today a company with at least 4 barber shops across Galway (Liosban, Barna, Oranmore, Middle Street, and New Castle St.). We’ve installed big screen TV’s, included the latest magazines and newspaper, Wi-Fi, coffee machines, amazing music and sometimes even beer, all this so that you feel comfortable while you wait for your haircut. And for those requiring a bit more than a haircut we’ve added the Groom Treatment Room to offer you treatments like waxing, massage, facial treatments, and manicure.
Our objective is the same today as it was back in 2003, and we are always looking for ways to improve your experience here at Fat Tony’s Barber Shop. So come on in and experience what true traditional barbering is all about and enjoy our new LIFESTYLE STORE here is Liosban Retail Park just off the Tuam rod in Galway.
A FEW THINGS YOU PROBABLY NEVER KNEW
- We got our shop name ‘Fat Tony’s’ from when John would try pretend to be an Italian back in the days.
- Fat Tony’s Barber Shop was once a mafia theme barber shop until about 2014 when we decided to change the decor of our shops to a more traditional old school barbershop look.
- The Groom Treatment Room once had a sauna and shower area at the back of the Liosban shop.
- We once had shops in Ennis, Moycullen, Briarhill and Ballinasloe
- Most of our barbers have been with us for 5 years and some have worked with us for over 10 years.
- We have a dedicated department for our Design, IT, and Marketing.
- We are the largest barber shop in the West of ireland with 5 barber shops and a coffee shop and around 30 staff.
- Groom Treatment Room is the only place in Galway that offers treatments exclusive and tailored to men only.
- John McGuire of Fat Tony’s once broke the Guinness World Record with 60 heads shaved in 60 minutes at the Shave or Dye event back in 2010.